Both ACHS and local author books are for sale at the museum.
PLEASE NOTE that unless indicated to the right of the price, all shipping and handling is $3.50 for the first item, $0.50 each additional item. If you purchase an item with a specified shipping amount, consider that book price plus shipping as your first item.
PLEASE USE THIS FORM WHEN ORDERING BOOKS. Check or money order only; ACHS does not accept credit cards.
- 1883 to 1983 – Arenac County Centennial One Hundred Years of Growth – Road Tour Guide Through Historic Arenac County, reprint. Arenac County Centennial Commitee, 1983. $3.00, see * shipping note. Small 12-page booklet, packed with lots of history. Arenac County map in center. INDEX ONLINE
- 1906 Standard Atlas of Arenac County, Michigan: including a plat book of the villages, cities and townships of the county – includes index, reprint. ACHS: 2012. $12.00 + $3.50 = $15.50 total. Originally compiled and published by Geo. A. Ogle & Co., 1906. INDEX ONLINE
- Arenac/Ogemaw Telephone Directory 1928. 20 pages. $3.00, see * shipping note. Arenac & Ogemaw Counties combined Michigan Bell Telephone Company phone numbers with addresses. Some ads.
- Arenac County Directory – 1947, reprint. 90 pages. $8.00, see * shipping note. Name, address, occupation, own or rent, phone. Includes Honor Roll, churches, county officials and phone book.
- Arenac County “First County Fair” Premium Book 1885, reprint. $6.00, see * shipping note. 4.5″ x 6″ book originally printed in 1885. The Arenac County Fair was held at Omer, Michigan when Omer was the county seat. Township histories included.
- Arenac County Fair Premium Book – 1914, reprint. $3.00, see * shipping note. Includes period ads of county businesses.
- Changing Times. Miller, Chris. 2002. 93 pages. $15.00, see * shipping note. Memoir of his life, parents, change and the people who influenced his life.
- A History of Arenac County, Michigan. Ennes, Calvin, author and Michalke, Paul editor, compiler, amender. 2003. 208 pages, softcover, coil bound. $25.00 + $4.00 shipping = $29.00 total. Includes a history of all 12 townships, Charity Islands and Native Americans of Arenac County. Collage of vintage county pictures on the front and inside of back covers. INDEX ONLINE
- Civil War Veterans of Arenac County. Matt, Brenda Poole & Hopp Joann Gulau. ACHS: 2020. 226 pages. Spiral bound. $30.00 + $4.00 shipping = $34.00 total. Lists all Arenac County soldiers who served in the Civil War, their obituaries and stories of some main battles they’d fought.
- Plat Book of Arenac County – villages, cities and townships – circa 1920, reprint. $10.00, see * shipping note. Maps showing land ownership. Includes index.
- Short History of Arenac County Roads – 2004. 30 pages. $6.00, see * shipping note. Includes three colored county maps, history of Arenac County Road Commission, list of past and present employees. Photos of M-70, the first gravel road in the county.
- Soldiers & Sailors of Arenac County That Served in the Great War (WWI). ACHS author, compiler. 2010. Approximately 300 pages. $28.00 + $5.00 shipping = $33.00 total. Individual page for each service man’s personal information and war record.
- Wah Sash Kah Moqua, or Thirty-Three Years among the Indians, reprint. Sagatoo, Mary A. Henderson Cabay. 1897. 140 pages plus illustrations. Printer’s Devil Press. $12.00, see * shipping note.
- Point Lookout, The Famous old Summer Resort located on the West Shore of Saginaw Bay, Unrivaled as a Summer Resort. 12 pages. $3.00, see * shipping note. This little booklet promoted the area to the tourists arriving when the steamers. Pictures, time table for the fast iron steamer Arundell and more.
- A Point to Remember: A Pictorial History of Point Lookout, Michigan. 2nd edition. Korth, Val, author. 1991, reprint 2014. 162 pages. $30.00 + $5.00 shipping = $35.00 total. History of Point Lookout, its summer cottages and permanent residents, summer events.
- First Families of Standish Township, 1974, reprint. 32 pages. $10.00, see * shipping note. Standish Township was created in 1873 from Arenac Township in Bay County. This book covers the first families to settle in this area that was already inhabited by a large Native American population. Lots of family names and pictures. INDEX ONLINE
- Arenac County Pioneer Society Au Gres 1911. Author, publish date unknown. $6.00, see * shipping note. Booklet with ads , description of this 1911 summer celebration of pioneers of Au Gres. INDEX ONLINE
- Au Gres Centennial 1865–1965: From Timber to Tourists, History of Au Gres Area, 1965 reprint. $6.00, see * shipping note. Au Gres and area history. Includes ads from businesses of the 1960s. INDEX ONLINE
- Au Gres Harbor Story. 12 pages. $3.00, see * shipping note. Small book. Story of the 1945 to 1973 struggle for Au Gres to obtain the Harbor of Refuge and Marina.
- The Early Au Gres Area. Melvin, Mike, editor and modifier. $5.00, see * shipping note. Series of maps showing buildings and landmarks. INDEX ONLINE
- The Handy Cook’s Book – 1915. Ladies Aid Society of the M. E. Church, Au Gres. $6.00, see * shipping note. Contains patron and business names and occupations, articles, recipe donor names. INDEX ONLINE
- Pioneer Picnic & Homecoming – Au Gres – 1942 (program booklet). 20 pages. $3.00, see * shipping note. Published for the annual city event. Includes list of All Star baseball team players for Southern and Northern Division. Predominantly area business ads. INDEX ONLINE
- St. John’s United Church of Christ – Au Gres 1912 – 1981. Known as “Old German Church”, $5.00, see * shipping note. St. John’s was located on Delano Road. INDEX ONLINE
- A History of Maple Ridge, Arenac County, Michigan. Maday, Marion Poole, author and compiler; & Friends. 2008. 282 pages. $28.00 + 5.00 shipping = $33 total. History of Maple Ridge area, much of it written by people born and reared there. INDEX ONLINE
- 100th Anniversary Omer Masonic Lodge #377 F. &. A. M., reprint. $6.00, see * shipping note. Includes a history of Omer and a history of Free Masonry. INDEX ONLINE
- Omer Centennial Book, 1872-1972, reprint. 50 pages. $10.00, see * shipping note. Pictures and stories of the early settlers that fires, cyclones and floods couldn’t stop from developing Omer. Includes family histories with name index. INDEX ONLINE
- Rifle River Centennial Sucker Festival, Omer Michigan, April 8, 9, 10, 1983. $4.00, see * shipping note. Contains schedule of events, Committee members, Omer history, logging history, sucker fishing and sucker and more. INDEX ONLINE
- Standish Telephone Directory – 1942, reprint. ACHS. 2015. $6.00, see * shipping note. 3-1/2 pages. In color, includes pages of names and phone numbers.
- The Story of Standish and its People, 1876-1976, reprint. McCready, Allan, author. 1976. 108 pages plus illustrations. $10.00, see * shipping note. “The purpose of this story is to preserve the names of the men and to mention their part in the building of our fair city of Standish. I grew up with many of those who were responsible for the city’s growth, lived and worked with them during more than half the century covered herein. Being curious and keeping a diary have helped me to supply many of the dates. having worked with some of those who were early settlers has been a big help in supplying names and occupations of many who otherwise may have been forgotten.” – Allan Mc Cready INDEX ONLINE
- History of the Sterling Area, reprint. Adams, Virginia, author. 1976. 16 pages. $8.00, see * shipping note. A narrative of 1870-1920 settlements in Deep River and Adams Townships. Includes brief histories of Sterling’s Methodist, Lutheran and Presbyterian churches. Many early families mentioned. INDEX ONLINE
- History of the Sterling Area, Second Generation, reprint. Adams, Virginia, author. 1977. 15 pages. $8.00, see * shipping note. A narrative of Deep River and Adams Township histories from 1920 to 1975. Includes a timeline of notable events and many families are mentioned.
- Arenac County Normal, 1904-1957. ACHS: 2013. $30.00 + $5.00 shipping + $35.00 total. History of the county’s early teachers training schools.
- One Room Country Schools Map. $2.00, see * shipping note. All 42 one- and two-room schools located on an 8.5″ x 11″ county map.
- One Room Country Schools, Arenac County, Michigan, reprint. Bauer, Marie and Friends of Arenac County Historical Society, editors. 1992- . 4 volumes. $7.00 each volume, see * shipping note. Illustrations and maps included. Reprint edition of the four-volume series updated with more photos, names and information. Some schools have little information or illustrations. We’d appreciate any donated pictures, family stories, report cards, etc., to help make these schools more complete.
– Volume 1: Schools included: Moores Junction, Adams School, Cedar Valley, Town Hall, Alger, Moffatt, West Alger, Maple Grove, Arenac School, Elm Grove, Hickory Island and Santiago. $7.00, see * shipping note. INDEX ONLINE
– Volume 2: Schools included: Deford, Maple Ridge, Hanna, Berry, Haley, Deep Gully. $7.00, see * shipping note. INDEX ONLINE
– Volume 3: Schools included: North Star, Plains, Jarvis Center & Ward, Johnsfield, West Bradley, Pine River, Gibson, Saganing, South Branch, Worth. $7.00, see * shipping note. INDEX ONLINE
– Volume 4: Schools included: Tonkey Road, Pt Lookout, Delano, Laundrie, Riverside, Noble. $7.00, see * shipping note. INDEX ONLINE
- This is the Way We Went to School: West and Northwest of Saginaw Bay Around the Turn of the Century. $6.00, see * shipping note. An extension class from Central Michigan College of Education was held in Au Gres during the second semester of the school year 1949-50. The group studied the course entitled “Public Education in Michigan,” One of the activities of this class was to make a collection of stories and incidents of the early school days in that part of Michigan. Information was gathered from newspaper files, records of school boards and through interviews with former inhabitants and teachers.